Our top ten
Customers approach us every day with questions regarding their pre-purchase or style suggestions so we decided to put together 10 quick tips to help you get the most out of choosing and wearing your next hat design.
- Wear it at an angle: If it's not a beanie don't just stick it on your head and hope for the best. Hats look fabulous, on most face shapes, if worn at an angle.
- Wear it to the front: Covering the top corner of your face with a hat alters the way your eye perceives the shape of your face, creating balance.
- Avoid Hat Hair: Opt for a hat which sits away from the hair a little so it will have little effect on your hair should you wish to take the design off.
- Wide brims don't work for everybody: You have to be tall to wear a large brim; otherwise it can make you appear shorter.
- Brim sizes matter: As a general rule, keep the brim within your shoulder breadth, unless you are really tall.
- It's not a helmet: If your hat comes with elastic, it goes around the back of your head, not under your chin like a strap.
- Growing an inch: Wearing a hat with height will create length and make you appear slightly taller.
- Improve your posture: There is no scientific evidence to prove wearing a hat will improve your posture but you will find yourself standing a little taller just because you have this beautiful creation on your head.
- You do suit hats: We hear people say they don't suit hats all the time, a hat is like any other style of clothing, some clothes suit better than others and the same is true of hats.
- Your face shape will determine which styles suit: We have a fitting guide to help, still don't know, just ask us!